17 August 2009

Stuff On My Bike, part 1

This is just a quick-teaser of a blog post.

During our trip last year, Courtney was blown away by the amazing efficient use of the bicycle in Africa. On every street or dirt path or such, you will see the most amazing sights of men transporting crazy things using their bikes......huge bags of maize, furniture, chickens, etc. We decided that it was a visible picture of a euphamism for when you have so much going on you don't know what to do...we all know that feeling....."I just have so much stuff on my bike!" Before leaving, Courtney presented me with a "Stuff On My Bike" award....a wire statue of a man with piles of "stuff" on the back of his bike. It proudly sits in my living room in New York.

This summer, our team was again constantly amazed by the bikes full of stuff, and decided to do a project where we tried to capture as many photos of "Stuff On My Bike" as possible. So, in anticipation of the "Stuff On My Bike" and, the soon to follow sequel "Stuff On My Head" posts, I wanted to send a little something out to whet your pallette, so to speak. This photo was taken by Kathleen Lindeman, who traveled with Fount of Mercy this summer, serving on another team.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of Honduras. I loved seeing two or three people together on a one-seat bike.

    ReplyDelete